So here’s my top 10 list of why it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay better growing up in the 80’s!
10. Every morning I got up, opened the paper to the comics, and read a Far Side Tale.
9. I could go to a video arcade and play Mrs. Pac Man, Frogger, and Donkey Kong. What the heck is there now!!
8. Movies were $4.50
7. I had 4 TV channels, and there was way more on! (The Incredible Hulk, The Greatest American Hero, The A-Team, Magnum P.I., Remington Steele, The Fall Guy and The Cosby Show… need I go on?)
6. I walked home from school… and no one thought it was unsafe!
5. Vaurnet Sunglasses!
4. Michael Jackson was alive… and black!
3. Teenagers could drive their friends around the day they got their license (and I did!)
2. The words “school” and “shooting” had never been put together.
1. Mix tapes!
What about you? What do you miss from the 80’s?
More Top 10 Lists from Jonathan: