I didn’t have any idea of what to expect… and to be honest… during the first few minutes I was wondering what the heck I had got myself into.
In the first few minutes I realized:
- This is a low budget independent film. Not always a bad thing, but often it can be.
- The film makers are trying what looks like a “documentry” style of shooting. Again, not always bad, but it can be.
- We’re going to see a lot of singing… so we better like what we hear.
Within a few minutes I didn’t know what to think. Lori and I looked at each other and both decided we wanted to give it more time.
By 20 minutes we were hooked.
So I’ll say this: give it at least 20 minutes.
Long story short- I REALLY enjoyed this. Lori and I both found ourselves humming some of the songs the next day. Heck, I just bought the sound track
This film won’t be for everyone. It’s a little artsy, and if you don’t like music, you probably won’t like it. Just give it 20 minutes. 20 minutes will tell.
- The film wanders into the realm of adultery… it never goes there… but it flirts with it.
- The film was shot across the pond where people seem to rattle off the “f” word like they’re from Boston. So you have to have an “f” word tolerence. Film is clean aside from that.
Give it a try.