Every school has them, every church wishes they didn’t… mean girls, mean boys, using mean words to make themselves feel better. Sadly, there are a handful of young people who become perfect targets for these words… and I want to hear from them! I want to hear the voice of the bullied.
Can you introduce me to them?
I’m writing a book to parents about bullying… and how to help your kids who are bullied, bullies and even bystanders. I want to hear from as many young people as possible on this issue, asking them questions like:
- When you watch a teen movie with jocks, nerds, bullies, outcasts… who do you tend to identify with the most?
- Where is a safe place for you?
- Do your parents understand what life is like for you at school?
- Have you tried to tell them? How did they respond?
- How could they have responded differently?
- How aware are your teachers about how you treat others and how others treat you?
- What are some healthy ways you respond when others mistreat you?
- What are some unhealthy behaviors you might engage in when others mistreat you?
If you know some kids who might have some insight into this… would you be willing to have them anonymously fill out one small page of questions like these?
Or if you are a counselor, youth pastor, parent or teacher who has had any experience dealing with these issues… I’d love to hear your stories and insight!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll personally contact you. Thanks so much!